I have decided to place the Gran Sport up for sale. I really enjoy 4-Speed cars and one that I had looked at prior to purchasing the Gran Sport has resurfaced on the market. I have placed an ad on Ebay Motors and the following is the basic information from the Ebay ad.
I am the fourth owner of the Gran Sport and this is the history per the last owner.
The first owner purchased the car in Canada and had the car for many years. I have receipts for maintenance by the original owner showing mileage into the 70,000 + mile range. The car was sold to the second owner, a Fireman in New Jersey, who also kept the car for 8 or 9 years and sold the car due to poor health. The third owner was also a Fireman and a friend of the previous owner. He retired and brought the car to Florida and also developed health issues which prevented him from maintaining the car to his standard and sold the car to me.
All matching numbers. This is a rare big block muscle car as only 7,602 Gran Sport 400's were manufactured in 1969. It is very difficult to find one or see one at a car show in this condition.
It comes with the original GM Protect-O-Plate metal warranty card as issued to the original owner, Owners Warranty booklet showing owner and date of sale and Owners Manual.
Also have the original Buick dealership's booklet of information on their 1969 lineup of vehicles including specifications of the Gran Sport 350 and Gran Sport 400.
The following is an overview of the car.
1. 400 cu.in. engine rated at 340 HP and 440 pounds of torque ( without Ram Air ). With Ram Air Buick rated the engine at 367 HP and 466 pounds of torque.
2. 10.25 to 1 Compression ratio
3. Engine runs at approximately 75 pounds of oil pressure at driving RPMs.
4. Engine does not smoke, burn oil or leak
5. Does not run hot
6. Turbo 400 Transmission, considered one of the best heavy duty transmission manufactured by GM
7. New Electronic Ignition and spark plug wires
8. Newer hoses and belts
9. 3:31 Posi-Traction rear gears with a 12 bolt heavy duty rear differential
10. Duel exhaust, Mufflers and exhaust pipes replaced at about 79,000 miles
11. Power Brakes, with rare Aluminum Finned front brake drums. Stops straight.
12. Power Steering, no leaks
13. Power Windows, (all work perfect)
14. Tilt Steering wheel
15. Wood steering wheel with Buick Logo on center horn cap
16. Rear window defroster, blower in trunk, not wire in glass. Works great
17. Heater / Defroster and blower fan all work.
18. Cigarette Lighter does not work as a lighter, but has electrical power for accessories
19. Rally Sport Wheels, original factory and in excellent condition
20. BF Goodrich Radial T/A 235-60-15 tires with very good tread depth
21. Original Factory radio
22. Original factory correct GM seat belts
23. Tinted Glass
24. New Windshield installed August 2014
25. Windows, doors and hood weatherstriping in very good condition
26. New trunk weatherstriping
27. All lights interior and exterior in good working order ( including side marker lights and trunk light )
28. New GM certified carpet ( 80% Rayon & 20% Nylon Loop-Pile with 36 oz. jute padding ) Same as factory
29. New matching floor mats with Buick Tri-Shield Emblem. Also GM certified
30. No cracks in the dash
31. Newer vinyl top in excellent condition, no rust under top or around glass molding
32. Parking brake works
33. Trunk has been sprayed and has mat. no rust
34. Original jack ( refurbished to like new ) Full size spare
35. Front suspension is solid with no excessive play, recent lube of all points
36. Newer Gabriel Ultra Shocks
37. Floor pans appear to be solid. No rust found when new carpet was installed.
38. New oil change and Delco filter
When I purchased the car it had an aftermarket JVC stereo AM / FM / CD player with a plug in feature for front and/or rear Ipod / Portable Audio Player type accessory. The owner had the original radio which was in amazing condition. I removed the JVC unit and reinstalled the original Am radio. The JVC stereo will fit in the glove box and comes with the wiring harness and installation and operating instructions. Color coded wiring matching the wiring harness were capped under the dash and would be easy to reconnect to the JVC unit. This is becoming more common for people who like the original look but would like to enjoy a more modern sound system. Also the rear speakers are new. This is an option offered to the buyer.